Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beginning ... and writing the beginning

I've long been told, and read, that to be a true writer one must write. More specifically, one must keep a journal. Well, I've never been one for writing in a journal. I even hate journaling in my scrapbooks. But put me in front of a keyboard and I can go a mile a minute. So why not blog?

Many things have happened in my life in the past five years that make me grateful for My GR Life as I've called this blog. For you non-Michiganders, GR is Grand Rapids. Not to be confused with Living in the D, which is Detroit, which is what I did before I moved to Grand Rapids in 2005.

I have been pushed to begin writing this down by some recent events in my life. Inspiration to turn this into a blog came from the movie Julie & Julia. The motivation to actually do it came from reading The Help.

I need a place to collect my thoughts. To purge some memories that make me sad and a place to transcribe the memories that make me happy. Thanks to my husband and our new daughter, there are plenty of happy memories. So here it goes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment